Sometimes I forget how far I’ve come ( or that I am actually an adult). I look back on the shy, cautious, and guarded girl that I was coming out of college and can see how my experiences (good and bad) have shaped who I am today. And I’m thankful for them. The good, the bad, and the really hard. Reflecting back on my time since then I’ve tried to sum up what I’ve learned in ten simple statements. (simple only in name, not simple in learning to embrace and accepting).
There are some days when I believe these..and others when it’s still a struggle…I’m not exactly where I want to be but I’m thankfully not where I used to be.
Top Ten Things I’ve Learned Since College:
1. Don’t be afraid to try something or to make a mistake
2. Don’t take yourself or life too seriously
3. Learn to really know and LOVE yourself
4. Travel (any chance you get)
5. Find something you’re passionate about
6. Everyone else isn’t as concerned with you as you think they are
7. Balance is hard to maintain (but you HAVE to try)
8. Save Early! Spend Smart!
9. Surround yourself with what really matters to you
10. Life is best shared with others
Anyone else learned similar things?